Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Terrific Musician

I hereby make Bruce Cockburn the offical musician of the Itinerant Iconoclast site. He is a man who deals with real world issues and sings about them from a persepective of one who knows there is a God. He has never been a part of the "Christian" sub-culture, which allows him to sing about hard issues and air his struggles in an honest way. The above-referenced site includes comments by Cockburn about his songs, tour info, etc . . .

BTW, Cockburn's album "Christmas" is simply the best seasonal album out there, a combination of original, traditional, and obscure Christmas songs.

4 comments:

Keith said...

In used to listen to Cockburn a decade or so ago but have rather lost touch with his music of late.

Cami said...

Oh, that's so neat to know! I'm sure my husband, the music freak, knows all about him. I'll check his music out, too!

Carol said...

Thank you for introducing me to Bruce's' music .I hadn't heard of him before. I spent some time listening to him sing and searching out info on him..

I.I. said...

I am not a folk/acoustic music guy, but some of his stuff is really solid. FYI, his most "Christian" album is "Nothing but a Burning Light."