In "And The Lamb Wins," author Simon Ponsonby identifies seven key points about judgment:
1) History will be wrapped up by Christ coming in judgment.
2) Each person must pass through this judgment.
3) The standard by which our sins are judged is the perfection and glory of God.
4) Judgment is God's final word, but mercy was his first.
5) Judgment will manifest the majesty of Christ.
6) Judgment for the unbeliever brings condemnation for sin; judgment for the believer reveals sins as forgiven in Christ.
7) There is only one way by which we may pass through judgment unscathed and enter from it into Heaven.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
"The great claim of Revelation 21 and 22 is that heaven and earth will finally be united. This is the polar opposite of all kinds of Gnosticism with their ultimate separation of heaven and earth ... eventually heaven and earth will be impregnated with each other ... God's heaven, God's life, God's dimension, impregnating, permeating, charging the present world, eventually producing new or renewed heavens and new or renewed earth integrated with each other."