Proper attitudes toward simplicity:
1. Receive what you have, what comes to you, as a gift from God.
2. It is God's business, not yours, to care for what you need and what you have.
3. Have your goods available to others.
Steps to take in developing a lifestyle of simplicity:
1. Buy things for their usefullness, rather than their status.
2. Reject anything that is producing an addiction in you.
3. Develop a habit of giving things away.
4. Refuse to be propagandized by advertising and the cult of the latest gadgetry.
5. Learn to enjoy things without owning them.
6. Look with a healthy skepticism on "buy now, pay later" schemes.
7. Obey Jesus' instrictions about plain, honest speech.
8. Reject anything that leads to the oppression of other people.
9. Stress quality of life over quantity, and being over having.
10. Take time to see if God will provide a need without having to buy it.