Monday, January 05, 2009

2008 reading in review

I have been keeping track of my annual reading for about 5 years now (thank you, LibraryThing). In 2008, I read 110 books. This is down from the past few years, which hit around 140-150. This is because I got an iPod for Christmas last year, and listened to an absolute ton of podcasts. I have always been a fan of audio, and 60 of the 110 books I read this year were via audio.

The 68 novels I read break down as follows: (note that the total exceeds 68, as many books fit into more than one category)
Thriller/Adventure -- 31
Fantasy/SF -- 17
Mystery -- 12
Christian -- 11
YA -- 10
Historical -- 4

The 42 non-fiction works I read break down as follows: (note that the total exceeds 42, as many books fit into more than one category)
Christian/Theology -- 18
TV/Entertainment -- 12
Business/Technology -- 6
Memoir / Biography -- 5
Family -- 4
Reading and Writing -- 4
History/Politics -- 3

No comments: