Sunday, May 11, 2008

Book Review

Mosaic: Pieces of my Life So Far, by Amy Grant.

This is a nice collection of essays, song lyrics, as well as bits and pieces of biography of Grant's life. Organized thematically instead of chronologically, it bounces around from her early singing days to her current life with Vince Gill, growing up with lots of sisters to approaching middle age to raising kids and step-kids. She writes about her struggles with depression, touches on her divorce from Gary Chapman, and explains where many of her song ideas came from.

Some of the stories interested me more than others, but I found it overall an enjoyable read.

3 comments:

Maxine said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I haven't been reading much these days, so I'm backed up. But it's nice to hear about what others are reading. Just stopped by to say hello. Been a while.

Alan said...

welcome back!

Alan said...

Like whoever you want to, and don't feel bad about it!

I tend to keep my own tastes to myself so as not to upset those I disagree with!