Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Peaceful Protest

The range of possible responses to the upcoming DaVinci Code movie range from discussion groups, boycotts, prayer vigils, etc . . .

The response that I am engaging in is the Peaceful Protest -- I don't know where I first heard this from, but I like it. The concept is that buying a movie ticket is a "vote" for the movie and sends producers the message that this is the kind of movie we want to see. But how do we send the message that DVC is not the kind of movie we want to see? By buying a ticket . . . to another movie.

The concept is to go to another movie (Hoot and Over The Hedge are considered the most "family friendly" alternatives) on opening weekend, to cast votes in another direction.

I like it, and encourage others to join me.

No comments: