Friday, October 18, 2002

The Will of God
Quote of the week, unfortunately I don't know who said it first. "It is not the will of God that people kill themselves fighting over the will of God."

There is so much angst among believers striving to discover the will of God in their lives. In some very rare cases, there may be a very particular path God intends you to take, but odds are your not that important. I know for darned sure that I am not that important, and if I miss one step in the path, God does not consider me "out of His will" and a hopeless case. God's will for your life does not include things like having the "right" job or the "right" mate. God's will for your life is this: To love, to show compassion and mercy, and to wopship. As they say, "everything else is details."

No comments: